Friday, December 27, 2013

Easy Paleo Candied Nuts

I do not usually have a taste for sweet but it sometimes comes in handy during holidays and that time of the month. J

I have a fond memory doing this as a child but we used palm sugar back then. I altered the recipe and have a few variations of flavors.



Ingredients:
1 Cup Raw Nuts (This time I used raw cashew from my Indian friend bringing for me from there.)
1/4 Cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup, or 3 Tablespoon of Raw Honey
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (if vegan), or Grass-fed butter /Ghee
A Pinch of Sea Salt to taste
Optional Ingredient :
(Pick one or two or all – whatever aromatizes you!)
1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
A Pinch of Nutmeg
A Pinch (or more if you like it like mine) of Orange Zest
Sprinkle of Sesame Seed

Directions:
Preheat a dry sauté pan over medium heat. Add fat. When it is heated (not burn), add the nuts, maple syrup (or other sweet liquids), and salt (and other spices you like) and keep stirring until the maple syrup (or other sweet liquids) caramelizes. Remove from the heat and place the nuts on parchment paper to cool. Sprinkle sesame seed at this step if you like before they cool down.

Enjoy and don’t over-nutting!

Recipe Note:
* If you know me, I cook with my own concoction and no measurement; almost every is to taste J
** Follow me on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment