Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kiwi Vinaigrette - Paleo/Primal/Vegan/Raw

4 kiwi fruit, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 Tablespoon coconut oil (I used expeller-pressed, instead of extra virgin coconut oil so its aroma doesn't overpower the kiwi's) or avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil (but I do not like the smell of kiwi and olive oil together; however, it's good if you want to keep it in a fridge since coconut oil becomes solid. Though I kept mine and it became solid. I warm it to the room temperature before serving)
2 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 Tablespoon (or to taste) raw honey - optional if you do not like very tangy or your kiwi is not sweet enough for you. i didn't put this in mine.
a pinch of sea salt (Celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink salt if you eat Raw)

Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into a serving container and serve over salad.

It also works very well with mixed fruit salad. I had some leftover and I tried to dip it with apples. It was yummm...

Enjoy
piyuthai



Adapted recipe from http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/sauce-spread/dressing/kiwi-vinaigrette.html

No comments:

Post a Comment