Saturday, August 30, 2014
Paleo Waffle [gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free]
I looked at several wonderful paleo recipes this morning. I liked these two: Easy Paleo Waffles – Freezable too | Civilized Caveman and Nut-Free Sunbutter Banana Waffles | Taylor Made It Paleo.
I don't have all the ingredients in the pantry so I processed what I have in my dysfunctional head and come up with this recipe.
1 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup raw almond butter
2 tsp raw honey - optional
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBSP coconut flour
1 TBSP arrowroot flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Grease waffle maker with coconut oil and turn it on.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix it well until you get a good consistency.
- Spoon batter into the heated waffle maker at the center until it reaches the edges.
- Close lid until it's cooked to your preference.
- Remove waffle and serve any fruits you have, grass-fed butter, and maple syrup.