These are examples of the ingredients labels. No need to elaborate on health effects.
So, finally, it's time for me to make some. :-) I adapted this recipe from "Cranberry Cherry Paleo Granola Bars" @ http://www.whatigather.com/
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 1 cup of seeds (This time I used 1/3 cup raw sunflower seed + 1/3 raw papitas / pumpkin seeds + 1/3 flax seed meal... or you can mix shredded coconut, chia seeds, black sesame)
- 1 cup of nuts (This time I used 1/3 chopped cashews + 1/3 silvered almonds + 1/3 chopped walnuts)
- 1 cup of dried fruits (This time I used 1/2 currents + 1/2 cranberries, I always buy unsulfered ones)
Or you can sub any ingredients above with gluten-free rolled oats if you eat grains. Be creative for what ingredients you have. ;-)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Stir the wet ingredients: eggs, vanilla and honey. Mix well.
3.Mix all the dry or the rest of the ingredients.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients.combine well. Pour into a parchment paper lined 9’’x9’’ pan and press down evenly and tightly.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely then cut into bars.
If you know me... I don’t cook with exact recipes... I cook what I have, local, seasonal... so keep your pantry clean :)