Thursday, May 1, 2014
Thai Fried Pineapple (Cauliflower) Rice [paleo, primal, vegan optional]
1 Tablespoon + 2-3 Tablespoons of any healthy of your choice (recommend for ghee, bacon grease, or coconut oil if vegan)
2-3 few garlic, minced
1 cup of shrimps, more or less or none for vegan
optional 1 cup of Chinese sausage [this is a traditional way or some people will top with Shredded Dried Pork (Pork Floss)] or pork or chicken
2-3 shallots, thinly sliced
3 cups uncooked cauliflower rice
1/4 cup chicken stock (water or vegetable stock if vegan)
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Big pinch of sea salt
3 Tablespoons fish sauce (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Tamari soy sauce if vegan) or just sea salt to taste
1 cup pineapple chunks
¼ cup raisins
½ cup roasted unsalted whole cashews
2-3 green onions, finely sliced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro/coriander
2-3 small cucumbers to serve with
For instructions on preparing cauliflower rice see this link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151613309921572&set=o.234713973350501&type=3&theater
1. Add a tablespoon of oil in a pan until hot, put in garlic. After galic turns golden brown put in shrimps. Remove from the pan and set aside when they're cooked; do not overcook.
2. Heat in the rest of oil in the wok, stir in shallots. When they're cooked, put in the meat of your choice or skip it if no meat.
3. Put it cauliflower rice and big p8nvh of sea salt then stir thoroughly quickly.
4. Put in curry and tumeric powder and pour the stock over them. Put in seasoning of your choice (i.e. fish sauce, Tamari, etc...). Stir and mix well until the cauliflower is cooked.
5. Put in the rest of the ingredients, including the shrimps. Mix them and remove into a plate. Serve with cucumbers, traditionally, or any choice of veggies.
Thais usually eat it with chilli-lime-garlic fish sauce on the side.
If you use fresh pineapples you can serve in the shell if desire.
If you know me... I don’t cook with exact recipes... I cook what I have, local, seasonal... so keep your pantry clean :)