Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Got Rainbow Chard?

R A I N B O W    C H A R D

I have been getting rainbow chard from my produce box subscription so I have to come up with a variety of how I prepare them, especially to lure my kids... and this is how I roll...















Rainbow Chard Rolls - paleo or vegan options, topped with tomato sauce




Rainbow Chard Smoothies

2 cups of chopped rainbow chard, loose
1 cup of coconut water
4-5 ice cubes
1 banana
1 avocado or 1 mango
Chia seed - optional
This time I don't have mango, so I tried avocado. Avocado is creamier and less sweet. I tried mango, it's a sweeter than... and has a tropical twist in it. I like them both.



Sautéed Rainbow Chard with garlic, shallot, and toasted raw cashews



Noodle Soup with Rainbow Chard
With typical Asian rice noodle soup dishes, we usually put flash boiled greens like ong choy (water spinach), Chinese broccoli (which taste very close to rainbow chard), baby bok choy, pak choi (Chinese flowering cabbage), etc... Rainbow chard works well with this.



Cleaning-out Refrigerator Soup with Rainbow Chard





No comments:

Post a Comment