Monday, February 3, 2014
Strawberry Milkshake Fudge Ice-cream [paleo, primal, vegan, raw, dairy-free]
I was looking for healthy Valentine's treat and came across this recipe of wallflower girl. It's so delish!
I have only a few heart baking cups. But if you have heart-shaped ice cube tray (like original recipe), you can make a lot of hearts and it would be nice for valentine's.... but i would say, this is good treat any occasions. It was a hit, even my husband who does not care much for strawberries.
8-10 large strawberries, hulled
6-8 Tablespoon raw maple syrup or sweetener of choice, adjust it depending on the taste of your strawberries. This time I put only 5 Tbsp, and it's fine and my strawberries not even very sweet since it's not in season yet. I like less sweet. You can taste the mix at the end and adjust it. [Warning!!! It's yum and adicted, not even when frozen!]
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
8 Tablespoon melted coconut oil, if you don't like strong smell, opt for expeller-cold pressed instead of extra virgin.
1 cup raw cashew meal
2 Tablespoon raw coconut flour
- In a high powered blender, create a strawberries to puree.
- Mix in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and cashew meal and blend until a smooth like milkshake mixture.
- Add the coconut flour and blend again until the mixture blend thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust sweetness, if desired.
- Spoon the mixture into an ice-cube trays, silicone baking cups or molds, or chocolate molds.
- Let it set in the freezer until it become hardened.
- Pop out of the molds and enjoy!
Adapted from: http://wallflowergirl.co.uk/strawberry-milkshake-fudge/