This is my impromptu brownie. I went out shopping and bought cacao powder. When I got home I found out that I already had it. Well... I'll be cooking something cacao more...
I googled to find a paleo recipe but there are a tons out there. After I skimmed over about 10 of them... I don’t have all ingredients required so I improvised and came up with this recipe:
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts (blanched)
1 cup of soaked dates or 3/4 cup medjool dates (I was out of medjool)
1/2 cup almond meal
1 cup raw cashew meal
1 cup raw cacao powder
2 Tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of Himalayan salt
Optional: any crushed nuts or seeds to garnish
1. Put hazelnuts in a food processor and grind it
2. Put it dates and keep pulsing and mixing
3. Pour in almond & cashew meals, cacao powder, raw honey, vanilla extract. Keep mixing.
4. Sprinkle the salt and mixing until it becomes doughy texture.
5. Spread in a nonstick pan and cut in squares or roll balls however you like.
6. Top the brownies with any choices if desire.
7. Let it sit in the fridge about 30 minutes.
If you know me... I don’t cook with exact recipes... I cook what I have... so keep your pantry clean :)