Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sweet Potatoes Brownies [Paleo, Primal, Grain-free, Gluten-free]


I have roasted sweet potatoes leftover from camping and, mentioned in previous blog, I overbought cocao powder... so I need to find the way use them both. I looked at many recipe and liked the one from PaleoOMG but I don't have all the ingredients in hand. I came up with my improvised recipe and it's great as well!**

I used leftover this morning, served with fruits. Who said no brownies for breakfast? It has eggs, butter, and other complex carbs!



Ingredients:
1 large cooked sweet potato (about 1½ cup)
3 eggs
¼ cup melted grass-fed butter (or coconut oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup organic coconut sugar ( use ⅓ cup of other liquid sweeteners)
3 tablespoons coconut flour
⅓ cup unsweetened cocao powder
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon

Optional dark organic chocolate bark, shaved to garnish or melt with a hint of coconut oil or butter to top

Instructions:
1. Turn your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk eggs thoroughly and add melted butter/coconut oil, vanilla extract. Then mix together.
3. Add coconut sugar or other kind of sweetener you use. Mix well.
4. Add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well to consistent texture.
5. Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish
6. Bake for 30 -35 minutes.
7. Let it cool a little bit then top with dark chocolate sprinkle or chocolate sauce.
8. Enjoy!

** If you know me... I don’t cook with exact recipes... I cook what I have... so keep your pantry clean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment